Let’s get straight to the point. You walk into Sephora and are instantly swarmed with a wave of emotions. “Look at that pretty shimmery palette of happiness.” “$65?!?!?…..I guess I will admire from afar.” “So many new lines to look at, but where do I start?!” “I really think I should ask someone to help me find this lipstick that I saw on Kristin Johns talk about in 2015.” “Can I help you find anything?” “No I’m just looking, thanks.”
I get it. Beauty shopping can be so overwhelming. There are so many amazing options these days, and it is hard to know where to start. Today I am talking about my beauty besties. These are my tried and true favorites as of late.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater // That just sounds like a heavenly mixture, doesn’t it?! I have featured this little baby on my Instagram story a few times and seriously everyone and their mother responds with, “I LOVE THIS STUFF!” I use this to prep my skin for foundation, and to set my skin after my makeup is on. You can also keep this in your bag for a mid day spritz, if you’re skin is feeling dry or dull.
- Sephora PRO Contour Sweep Brush #97 // I am a firm believer in the idea that you can buy great brushes for great prices. I adore the Real Techniques brushes and most of the E.L.F. brushes, both of which can be found at Target. I do have to give it to this slightly pricey Sephora brush for making my contour go on like a dream. I don’t contour everyday, in fact I usually only wear a real full face of makeup on the weekends, but when I need a brush to precisely apply cream or powder contour this is my guy! It is dense but still incredibly soft. It really gives ultimate precision and makes you look all sorts of sculpted.
- Loreal Luminous Lash Paradise // Great mascaras come from the drugstore. You honestly do not have to spend money on expensive mascaras to get results. In fact, most of my tried and true mascaras are from the drugstore. This one is insanely insanely good. I prefer a very dark black mascara that covers in 2 coats and that doesn’t flake off. Is that too much to ask for?! Not for this little wonder. It seriously gives me volume, dark lashes, and stays on all day.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil // The number one beauty question I get asked about in person is what eyeliner I wear on my waterline. I have actually been wearing this product since my sophomore year of high school. I have never found anything as amazing. It really does “glide” on like a wonder and stays ALL DAY. This is not a joke. This eyeliner doesn’t transfer down, or wear off throughout the day. It stays put my friends. The best part about this line is that there are a million colors, so if black isn’t your thing, they have grays, browns, and navys. I have worn the colors Smoke, Perversion, Zero, Legend, and Sabbath. My favorites are Zero and Perversion.
- Tarteist Doubt Take Eyeliner // My darling friend, Kiley, turned me onto this eyeliner recently and I am in love. It is a double ended eyeliner, with gel on one end and liquid on the other. I typically always wear liquid on my top lash line and I have not found anything better than my favorite Line Stiletto, until now. This stuff goes on so smoothly, and lasts forever. It is extremely black with one sweep. I will be honest, I haven’t even tried the gel end, but I have heard great things about it. I think this is honestly worth it for the liquid end itself!
- Marc Jacobs Glow Stick in Glistening Illuminator // I am not going to lie. The price of this stuff made it sit in my cart for about 4 months. I am not going to lie, again. This is SO WORTH IT. This product is some sort of magic, fam. I do not wear this everyday because it is definitely a powerful glow that is more meant for a full coverage look. I put this on before my foundation on the high points of my face. Any place that I want to add highlight to I will pop a bit of this on with my finger or a brush. You can even use this on your neck and chest for an easy dewy glow. I am not joking when I say this gives the most gorgeous reflect and glow underneath your foundation. I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones, my cupids bow, and the tip of my nose. I cannot say enough good things about it.
- Tarte Quench Lip Rescue // This lipstick is a dream and a half. It is perfect for an everyday look. I first saw this product on Kristin Johns and she shared that it is very moisturizing but also very glossy looking. She could say a porcupine is moisturizing and glossy and I would buy one, that is the level of obsessed I am with her opinion. Anyways, this really is extremely moisturizing and easy to just throw on. I have the color nude and think it is a great “my lips but better” shade.
- MAC Strobe Cream // What do you know? Another glowy product. This product has been around forever, but I only recently fell in love with it. Essentially it is a glowy, strobe like moisturizer that you can apply to your skin before your foundation or cream highlighter. Honestly, I use this product on days when I do not want to wear foundation, but still want healthy and dewy skin. I will apply this all over, and throw on some mascara and a lip balm.
Thank you times a million for reading about my current beauty besties. I haven’t shared my favorite products in a hot minute, and wanted to share because they are all amazing. I hope you are enjoying the rainiest Saturday ever. If you know me at all you know I am ALL ABOUT IT.
Happy day friends.